Learn how to be a productive and effective nonprofit board member. Enroll in our ON BOARD! training program. It empowers current and aspiring nonprofit board members and executives.
ON BOARD! is a resource for:
- Current and future nonprofit board members
- Nonprofit executives
- Companies that encourage volunteerism and board participation
Participants will come away with an overview of:
- The landscape of nonprofit boards today
- Key trends affecting nonprofits and their leaders
- Integrating Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging into the mission, composition, and work of the organization and board
- Core functions and responsibilities of a nonprofit board
- Case studies of nonprofit boards
- Resources for further learning
Prospective nonprofit board members will be able to connect with Volunteer Arlington nonprofit partners.
$100 per person
There are limited, need-based scholarships available. Apply for a scholarship »
Scholarships are granted for a specific program date and are non-transferable. If a scholarship recipient is no longer able to attend, we ask that they notify the Leadership Center right away so that scholarships can be made available to other participants. If a previous scholarship recipient would like to be considered for a future program, they will have to re-apply.
Date: Thursday, May 12, 2022
Time: 8:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Seats for ON BOARD! are limited and expected to sell out. All registrations and payments are final and non-refundable. Registrations may not be transferred to future events.