IGNITE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
The purpose of the Ignite Young Professional Program is to expose participants to ideas, organizations, and established area leaders that can offer a space to explore personal and professional leadership development and catapult emerging leaders into situations that create value and impact.
Ignite Young Professional Top Deliverables:
- Cross-sector relationships with fellow classmates, creating an instant cohort of peers
- A personalized “DISC, Management” profile assessment
- Exposure to diverse area nonprofit and business leaders, including guided, small groups discussions with mentors from the Leadership Arlington alumni group
- Education sessions with experts in areas including leadership theories, high performing teams, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, networking, presentation skills, and conflict resolution
- Opportunity to work with a team service project generating real community impact with one of Volunteer Arlington's nonprofit partners
- Free ticket to the annual Leadership Summit at which fellow participants of other Northern Virginia leadership programs join to explore regional issues with area leaders
CLASS OF 2023
- Hawaya Abby, Arlington County Government, Department of Technology Services
- Luis Alvarado, Edu-Futuro
- Bridget Alzheimer, Arlington Law Group
- Krista Anderson, Gartner
- Samuel Banks, Bean Kinney & Korman
- Casey Cappelletti, Academy for Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Research
- Ruthman Collington, Arlington County Fire Department
- Tiffany Dawson, GDIT
- Suzanne Dolan, Cvent
- Jared Dubin, Accenture
- Megan Hansen, New Hope Housing
- Robin Harry, Arlington County Government, Department of Human Services
- Leanne Hoover, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Jennifer Lincoln, Chain Bridge Bank, N.A.
- Emily Lynch, The Craddock Group
- Maya Miller, Bridges to Independence
- Jewellyn Nadtochiy, Accenture Federal Services
- Yehoshua Chaim Orozco, Arlington Public Library
- Justin Parks, Dominion Energy
- Thomas Philibin, Ballston BID
- Zoraya Quintanilla, AHC Inc.
- Colleen Rasa, National Landing BID
- Seila Santiago, AHC Inc.
- Eric Sargeant, International Association for Dental Research
- David Sisson, The Craddock Group
- Henry Spencer, Arlington County Fire Department
- Matthew Strote, Signature Theatre
- Katelyn Thomas, Arlington County Government, County Manager's Office
- Alejandra Underwood, Columbia Pike Partnership
- Jose Villalta, Lidl US
- Tressa Vitus, Arlington County Government, Department of Real Estate Assessments
- Alexandra Wahl, Washington Workplace
- Christopher Wildy, AHC Inc.
Classes will meet on the following days from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Thursday, May 18, 2023 - Regional Leadership Summit and Commencement
Leadership Center for Excellence (LCE) encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of financial status.
Tuition covers the monthly programs, one ticket for the Regional Leadership Summit and Alumni Reception, and access to the LCE alumni directory and ongoing alumni resources and networking opportunities.
LCE provides partial scholarships to nonprofit and small business applicants, based on need and funds available. Scholarship requests are not a factor in the selection process.
The scholarship deadline for the Class of 2023 has passed.
"My expectations after my acceptance to the Spring 2014 Young Professionals Program class were to sharpen some professional skills, learn about the new community to which I had recently moved and make a few contacts along the way. The program exceeded those expectations and more!"
Dan Imhoff, BB&T, Spring Class of 2014 Participant
"I’ve been pleased to witness the transformation of my team members who have completed the Leadership Center’s Young Professionals Program. Their confidence, collaborative spirit and broader consulting skills have developed significantly as a result of the program. Though we always pride ourselves on hiring the best at every level, the Young Professionals Program catapults these rising stars forward at a significantly greater pace."
Zach Wahl, Enterprise Knowledge, Employer of Participant
"Leadership is the key to success for businesses and communities. I can think of no better preparation for future leaders in this area than the Young Professionals Program."