Community Engagement Manager
Who We Are
The Leadership Center for Excellence (LCE) is a well-established nonprofit organization headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. Through a variety of programs, including Leadership Arlington and Volunteer Arlington, we work to connect, develop, and inspire leaders for personal growth, civic engagement, and community impact. Additional information may be found at leadercenter.org.
How to Apply
Candidates must email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations/history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Phone calls WILL NOT be accepted.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Community Engagement Manager, a full-time position, will work collaboratively with the Leadership Center for Excellence team to achieve the organization's strategic goals. The primary responsibilities of the Community Engagement Manager are to manage and support community engagement programs and events.
- Support Volunteer Arlington community calls, partner needs, and volunteer opportunities
- Attend Volunteer Fairs
- Implement Community Impact projects
- Attend events that support program recruitment goals
- Organize and write Alumni and Volunteer Impact stories for social media and websites
- Support fundraising efforts for programs and events by tracking development pipeline and sponsorship fulfillment
- Manage Causes and Cocktails events for young professionals
- Manage annual Share the Love fundraising event
- Manage annual Arlington Cares event
- Support Northern Virginia 40 Under 40 honoree program and reception
- Support On Board training programs
- Support annual MLK Day of Service event
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- College degree preferred
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Proactive and flexible
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Professional demeanor, demonstration of enthusiasm, dependability, and a passion for customer service
- Demonstrated initiative who takes independent action and has the ability to prioritize and self-manage multiple projects simultaneously while working under multiple deadlines
- Extensive experience in MS Office Suite products and competent on the internet
- Competency with database management or the ability to learn new systems quickly and competently
- Must have a means of transportation to support event and program management
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
What We Offer
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefit plan
- Personal paid time off
- Paid time off for volunteer service
- High exposure to leadership development
- Collegial atmosphere
- Flexible work environment
Equal opportunity employer
The Leadership Center for Excellence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and unlawful harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected classes or categories as defined by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.