Arlington Cares Volunteer Awards Announced
Volunteer Arlington 6th Annual Celebration of Volunteerism
Arlington, VA – Volunteer Arlington, a program of the Leadership Center for Excellence, will hold its sixth annual Arlington Cares event virtually on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m., to celebrate this year’s Volunteer Awardees.
“We are thrilled to celebrate individuals and groups who are making a difference in our community through volunteering,” said Lisa Fikes, President and CEO of the Leadership Center for Excellence. “The awardees are a wonderful example of the impact community service has. We applaud their efforts to care for the citizens of Arlington.”
2022 Community Volunteer Award Winners
- Lifetime of Service Award: Meg Tuccillo, PathForward
- Distinguished County Service Awards:
- Robin Norman Depaoli, National Capital Treatment and Recovery
- Arlington Neighborhood Village volunteer group
- Distinguished Corporate Service Award: Avalon Bay, APAH
- RSVP Award: Patricia Hupalo, Rebuilding Together
- Group Service Award: John and Adrienne Scribner, Boy Scout Troop 106
- Racial Equity Civic Engagement Award: Julius D. Spain, Sr., NAACP, Arlington Branch
- Volunteer Arlington Award: Les Garrison, CERT
During the celebration, Volunteer Arlington will also recognize people who have spent 100 hours or more volunteering for an individual organization between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
Arlington Cares is a free, live, virtual event. It is open to the public. During the event, attendees will have an opportunity to interact and network with other participants.
Learn more, and register at volunteer.leadercenter.org/arlington-cares.
About Volunteer Arlington
Volunteer Arlington, a program of the Leadership Center for Excellence, connects individuals, groups, and businesses to local nonprofit and county volunteer opportunities. The mission of the Leadership Center for Excellence is to connect, develop, and inspire leaders for personal growth, civic engagement, and community impact. For more information, visit leadercenter.org or volunteer.leadercenter.org.
Leave a Comment